Monday, October 1, 2007

Our Winter Garden


Here's a photo of the winter garden which my uncle, Daniel, and I planted. We tilled the soil, removed all the grass, mixed in organic fertilizer and peat moss, smoothed it out and planted everything in rows. We have: collard greens, mustard greens, kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and lettuce. Later, we'll add some swiss chard. I really enjoyed tilling the soil, planting the seedlings, and getting very dirty.

Having a more intimate connection with the earth is especially meaningful to me because it reminds me that it provides everything I need to live. It's a lot easier to see my place in the world when I'm aware of where my food comes from and how it is grown.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A dream is just a wish and a wish is just a dream that you wish would come true. It could happen to you, oh de boodelly oop!